20020904: donated maps

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

Sorry I couldn't respond to this before now.

>I think some of your sites that are interested in the Gulf of Mexico
>might find the GOM Oil Lease area maps useful.  I have placed
>LEASEMAP in the mcidas incoming directory and protrac.gsf
>in the gempak incoming directory.

Thanks!  The LEASEMAP map database is very interesting.  As a curiosity,
how did you create this McIDAS map file?  The reason I ask is that
I include an application in my distribution of McIDAS that will create
a McIDAS map database file from several ASCII file formats: WXP, GEMPAK,
and McIDAS ASCII (which is actually a format for information one can
get from a web site).  The application, MAKEMAP, is part of a section
I call XRD (for the McIDAS XRD code).  To build the XRD section of the
distribution, one has to run:

make xrd
make xrd.help
make install.xrd

After doing this, the applications executables and help files will be
available to users McIDAS sessions.

Tom