20020905: McIDAS-X 7.8, wxcore.prd

>From: "Fingerhut, William A" <address@hidden>

Hi Bill,

>I came across a minor error in the WXCORE.PRD file in mcidas 7.8, and
>thought it couldn't hurt to let you know.

Please keep these reports coming in!

>The entry for NGM_OUTPUT_EASTUS is close, but not right.
>WMO=FOUS60-64  should be WMO=FOUE60-64 or FOUE  not  FOUS.

You are right, of course.  Not only that, but it appears that the
partitioning of information in WXCORE.PRD is redundantly incorrect.
Consider these entries:

ETA_OUTPUT                WMO=FOUS60-79 WSTN=KWNO

NGM_OUTPUT                WMO=FOUS80-90 WSTN=KWNO

These look OK on the surface, but what about these:

NGM_OUTPUT_EASTUS         WMO=FOUS60-64 FOUS80 WSTN=KWNO KWNO
NGM_OUTPUT_CENTUS         WMO=FOUS65-71 FOUS81-82 WSTN=KWNO KWNO
NGM_OUTPUT_WESTUS         WMO=FOUS72-73 FOUS83 WSTN=KWNO KWNO

It seems to me that this is saying that the partitioning of FOUSxx headers
is the same for ETA_OUTPUT and NGM_OUTPUT_xxxxUS.  Do you agree?

>There may be other, similar errors; I have not checked it carefully.

I am _sure_ that there are more errors.  The reason I am sure is that
there is nobody actively looking at the product headers and adjusting
WXCORE.PRD entries.  This is why I say: _please_ keep those observations/
corrections coming!

>Take care, Bill

Talk to you later...

Tom