20020722: 20020722: McIDAS-X & XCD (cont.)

>From: "Fingerhut, William A" <address@hidden>

Bill,

>I followed the steps outlined below, and still got the same
>error message from BILDTEST.

Bad news.

>I did notice that COUNTRY.DAT and GROUPS.DAT were created in
>~mcidas/data, not workdata.  The old versions were deleted from
>workdata before running XCD.BAT   . ??????

This tells me that your MCPATH environment setting is most likely incorrect.
It should read like:

MCPATH=/home/mcidas/workdata:/home/mcidas/data:/home/mcidas/help

Also, if MCPATH is not defined, it will default to:

MCPATH=/home/mcidas/data:/home/mcidas/help

This is not what you want, AND may be the cause of all of your problems.

>I don't see any
>redirections that would affect these 2 files, and the environment
>looks right.
>
>I'll be out tomorrow, so you will not here back from me right
>away.

Do you want me to login to poke around, or do you want to handle this
yourself?