20020621: McIDAs file

>From: Lodovica Illari <address@hidden>

Lodovica,

>we generally don't deal with McIdas data but we have a file that we would
>like to read. What's the best way to go about it?

It depends on what kind of McIDAS file you have.  Is it an image in
AREA format, or something else?

>Can we convert it to Grib or NetCDF?

If the file you have is an image in AREA format, then you can use McIDAS
to write a netCDF version of the file.  If all you have is one file,
and if this file is an image in AREA format, I can help you out by
converting it to netCDF (this way you wouldn't have to load McIDAS
and learn how to use it for just one transformation).

There are no general routines in McIDAS for outputting other kinds of
data files (e.g., model output in GRID format, or point source (observations)
in MDXX format).

>Thanks

No worries.

>Lodovica