20020114: McIDAS functions (fwd)

>From: William C Klein <address@hidden>

Bill,

I apologize for not being able to get to your email.  I am currently in
Orlando at the AMS annual meeting.  I will work with you
on your McIDAS data problem when I return to Boulder
early next week.  My only quick comment is that the failure to display
data is most likely related to one of two things:

o your system is not ingesting and decoding data
o your McIDAS session is not pointing to ADDE servers that have data

So, the problem is most likely one of configuration on your machine or
in your McIDAS session.

>Here are the current issues with our McIDAS setup.  Please feel free to
>contact me if you have any questions regarding this report.
>
>Thank you,
>Bill
>
>Satellite (F1)
>
>F1  Unidata Wisconsin
>   -all ok.
>   -loop works
>
>F2 NOAAPORT GOES-East - all failed
>
>F3 NOAAPORT GOES-West - all failed
>
>F4 NOAAPORT GOES-East/West Composite - all failed
>
>F5 Satellite/Topography Composites - all work
>
>Radar/Images Loops  (F2)
>
>F1 - NOAAPORT NEXRAD Level III
>
>       F1 - Base reflectivity
>       error:  No NIDS images found in dataset RTNEXRAD/N0R.
>
>       errors continue through all datasets
>
>F2 - WSI NIDS/NOWrad
>
>       No NIDS images found in dataset RTNIDS/xxx.
>
>Topography (F3)
>
>All works
>
>North America - Horizontal (F4)
>
>All functions return following error in command mode screen:
>String not found: ?MODEL1
>
>Global - Horizontal (F5)
>
>All functions return following error in command mode screen:
>String not found: ?MODEL1
>
>Vertical Cross sections (F6)
>
>       F1
>
>       UACROSS: No grid found matching search conditions
>       UACROSS: Could not get any Z grids

        F2

>       Getting data.  unsure of when data is from.
>

>Weather Text (F7)
>
>F1 - works
>
>F2 - works
>
>F3 - works
>
>F4 - FOUS14 Fcsts, by Station
>     String not found:  ?FOUSID
>
>F5 - works
>
>F6 - works
>
>F7 - doesn't exist
>
>F8 - F1 - works
>     F2 - works
>     F3 - works
>     F4 - works
>
>F9 - F1 - String not found: ?SFDID
>     F2 -                   SFPID
>     F3 -                   ZFPID
>     F4 -                   NOWID
>     (would really like to have these)
>
>System/File Information (F9)
>getting information.  not getting radar data.
>
>Misc Funtions (F10)
>
>All work (less important that other data!)
>
>Surface Data Plots (SF1) - all works
>
>Surface Data Contours (SF2) - all works
>
>NLDN Lightning (SF3) -
>       NLDNDISP: Failed at SERVER REQUEST step
>       NLDNDISP: failed, RC=1
>
>        on all accounts
>
>METEORGRAMS (SF4) -
>works
>
>MOS (SF5)
>plots work
>
>AF3 - menu to background
>AF4 - kills connection to McIDAS server
>AF5 - no response
>AF6 - no response
>AF7 - cursor location and moves open window
>AF8 - " "
>AF9 - minimized open window
>AF10 - maximize open window
>AF11 - works
>AF12 - works
>

>contours don't
>FOUSDISP: Unable to execute PTCON command
>FOUSDISP - Done
>FOUSDISP failed, RC=1
>
>Upper Air data Plots (SF6)
>works