20011107: 20011106: IMGDISP problems (cont.)

>From: Giovanni Leoncini <address@hidden>

Giovanni and Mike,

>... ain't over yet! unfortunately! I played a little bit with ver 7.8 and
>basically nothing changed since last time.

Argh!

>I noticed that it maps the NCAL images loaded AFTER the 4kmVIS one.
>hope it helps.

No, that doesn't help.  I logged onto rossby last night and reran
various tests that display and atempt to MAP you NCAL images.
MAPping failed for each image.

Mike,

Is it possible for me to get a login to rossby as 'mcidas'?  I could
use it to see what is different between your build under Solaris and
mine.  In the meantime, I will be testing G' NCAL images under some
of the other operating systems to see if they can be mapped there.
I know that they already work on RedHat 7.1 Linux and Solaris 2.6
(my home and default work test machines).

>I also forwared your
>email where you describe the flipped byte, to the NPS guy, asking for some
>guidance, that I'll share, of course.

OK, good.

>thanks a lot for the incredible work you guys are doing for me!!!
>I really approciate it!!

I _really_ wished the upgrade to 7.8 had done the trick.

Tom