20011106: IMGDISP problems (cont.) (fwd)

>From: Mike Voss <address@hidden>

Mike,

>FYI - I did the update as you mentioned below. The compiling balked again at
>agetserv.fp. I took out the extra parentheses at line 1153 (my compiler didn't
>like those) and then it compiled fine.

You are, of course correct.  The extra trailing parenthesis on that line
is incorrect; I just corrected it.

>Giovanni was then able to display the images in question, but I think he still
>has a problem with mapping. He will send in another support email for that.

Hmm...  I exercised the code on my Linux system at home and had no
problems.  Since I am now in my office, I can try the mod on my Solaris
system and see if I get mapping problems.

<a few minutes later>

I downloaded all of the images that Giovanni made available on his
web page:

http://metsun1.met.sjsu.edu/~leoncini/images/

to a common directory.  I then setup datasets for each type of image:

DSSERVE ADD SJSU/NCAL AREA DIRFILE=/home/mcidas/images/NCAL* TYPE=IMAGE "SJSU
NCAL IMAGES
DSSERVE ADD SJSU/VIS AREA DIRFILE=/home/mcidas/images/VIS* TYPE=IMAGE "SJSU VIS
IMAGES
DSSERVE ADD SJSU/IR AREA DIRFILE=/home/mcidas/images/IR* TYPE=IMAGE "SJSU IR
IMAGES
DSSERVE ADD SJSU/WV AREA DIRFILE=/home/mcidas/images/WV* TYPE=IMAGE "SJSU WV
IMAGES

and listed then loaded all of the NCAL* images in a loop, AND drew maps on
them:

IMGLIST SJSU/NCAL.ALL
Image file directory listing for:SJSU/NCAL
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
   1  G-10 IMG      12 JUL 01193  17:00:00    38  123 1
   2  G-10 IMG      12 JUL 01193  17:30:00    38  123 1
   3  G-10 IMG      12 JUL 01193  18:00:00    38  123 1
   4  G-10 IMG      12 JUL 01193  18:30:00    38  123 1
   5  G-10 IMG      12 JUL 01193  19:00:00    38  123 1
   6  G-10 IMG      12 JUL 01193  19:30:00    38  123 1
IMGLIST: done

IMGDISP SJSU/NCAL ALL=1 6 EU=IMAGE SF=YES REFRESH='EG (GRA);MAP H GRA=(GRA)'

I had no problems with either the IMGDISPs or with the MAP drawing,
but, then again, this was done using my 7.8 release.  I don't _think_
that there should be any difference using 7.7, but I could be wrong.
If Giovanni does see a problem, please ask him to let me know AND send
along the output from them MAP command(s) that fail.

> Thanks again for your great support!

No worries.  Talk to you later.