20011018: OS upgrade

>From: Jason Allard <address@hidden>

Jason,

>I'm e-mailing to ask if upgrading the OS on my unix machine to
>Solaris 8 will in any way impact the McIDAS software.

It shouldn't other than _perhaps_ having to relink McIDAS applications.
This may be needed by the McIDAS executables needing libraries that were
there under the older version of Solaris, but are not there under 8.

>I'm currently
>running an older version of McIDAS, version 7.6, I believe.  Could
>you please let me know if this will in any way adversely affect
>the McIDAS software.

Even if it does, the fix is quick and relatively painless.

>Thank you,

Let me know if you run into any problems.  I can help you get going
quickly.

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Fri Oct 19 12:58:03 2001
>Subject: Re: 20011018: OS upgrade

Thank you for the response.  If I encounter any problems with the
OS upgrade I will contact you.

Thanks,

Jason