20010928: SFCCON output using user-defined MAP is offset in 7.80

>From: "Paul L. Sirvatka" <address@hidden>

Paul,

>In the process of getting all of our scripts working on our McIDAS upgrade
>to 7.8, i found the following problem.
>
>With SURFACEMAP defined in our MAP.SITE file as
>SURFACEMAP OUTLINEFILE=   OUTLUSAM \
>        MCOLOR=       8 \
>        PROJECTION=   CONF \
>        LAMB_CONF_SC= 'LAT=21 48 LON=78 133 SLON=98'
>
>and a command of
>
>SFCCON PSL SURFACEMAP LATEST GRA=3 CINT=2
>
>The isobars do not extend to the north into Canada (not even to the
>border). If I plot something out, no problem.
>
>Any insights into this?

I just verified your observation on my Linux box at home.  This is definitely
a bug, because the following works as it should:

SF 1
ERASE
MAP SURFACEMAP
SFCCON PSL OLAY LATEST CINT=2

I will have to contact SSEC about this one!

>Paul (Back at McIDAS - soon to have more questions maybe!)

OK, I'll be waiting.

Tom