20010831: Fronts on Datastreme Surface Charts - Possible Change to NCEP Messages (fwd)

>From:  Kathryn Ginger <address@hidden>

Katy,

Earlier today you sent a heads-up note to Steve Chiswell regarding a
possible change to the format of the ASUS1 and FSUS2 currently in the
NOAAPORT NWSTG channel (channel #3).  A change in this format would
affect a LOT more that just GEMPAK users;  it would also impact McIDAS
and WXP users.  All three -and probably other- applications currently
support display of frontal positions as depicted in those bulletins.
A change in the format would require unanticipated development efforts
for all of the packages named.

Hopefully, the impact to all users of the bulletins will be made known
to whatever group is contemplating the change.

Thanks for listening...

Tom Yoksas
Unidata User Support