20010824: McIDAS, gcc, f2c and netCDF (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Bill,

The last time I wrote, the McIDAS build was chugging away.  It finished
at 19:21:15 CDT on Friday.  To recap, what I did was:

o modify .profile to add defines for CC, CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, FC, FFLAGS
  and CXX.  These were made so that the configure step for netCDF and
  Jpeg builds would know that the gcc compiler was to be used.  I
  made these defines active by running ". .profile"

o CD to mcidas7.8/src and then ran:

  make clobber

  to return to a known state for the build

o ran:

  make mcx

  to build McIDAS-X

I didn't install the new code since I know that you have a number of
cron-based jobs that produce web page stuff.  I figure that you might want
to test out the newly built executables before overwriting the currently
installed ones.  The overview for testing new builds is contained in:

Testing McIDAS-X
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/780/mcx/test_mcx.html

Please let me know if you run into anything odd/bad/etc.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Aug 28 14:30:55 2001
>Subject: RE: 20010824: McIDAS, gcc, f2c and netCDF (cont.)

Tom:

Sorry to take so long to get back.

Thank you for your support.

No significant commnents.  Just a big thank you.

Bill