20010813: grib to grid conversion in 7.8?

>From: "Molenar, Deb" <address@hidden>

Deb,

Long time no hear!

>Hi.  I just installed unidata mcidas-x 7.8, and am trying to find your
>grib to grid conversion routines.  Thought it was called dmgrid, but
>this doesn't look like it, and the help file for the routine is 0 bytes.
>Can you point me in the right direction?

DMGRID is part of the XCD component of Unidata McIDAS.  In order to build
the XCD portion of the distribution, you would have had to do a:

make mcx
make xcd

or

make all

If you built Unidata McIDAS with a simple:

make

you only built McIDAS-X.  At this point you only need to do a:

make xcd
make install.xcd

To finish off the build/install.

>Thanks much.