20010619: NEXRAD server (cont.)

>From: Russ Dengel <address@hidden>

Russ,

re: timeouts when doing an ID=LIST
>Ok, I think it must be that the server does not know that the ID is part
>of the hierarchy.  We place our files in a directory structure that
>incorporates the station ID as part of the directory structure.
>
>            /home3/mcidas/data/nids/ID/PROD

This is what I would recommend.

>I assume that the mechanism to "inform" the server is that DATALOC entry.
>Is that correct??

No, it is in the DSSERVE definition of the dataset:

DSSERVE ADD NEXRAD/BREF1 NEXR TYPE=IMAGE
DIRFILE=/home3/mcidas/data/nids/\ID/\PROD/* "NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity
at Tilt 1

Since this is essentially the same as the example in the 7.8 version of
XCDADDE.BAT:

DSSERVE ADD NEXRAD/BREF1     NEXR TYPE=IMAGE  RT=Y DIR='#NEXRDATA/\ID/N0R/*'
"Base Reflectivity - tilt 1 (0.50 deg) - 124 nmi range

I am confused.  Is the machine really slow?  How fast can it serve up an
image from a particular station/product?