20010601: LDM ingest of NLDN data; ldm-mcidas decoding of same (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Alan,

OK, I found the problem with plotting NLDN lightning from the menu...
The executable, nldnplt.k does not get built in the distribution!

Here is what you need to do on the systems on which McIDAS code is built
(or is this only waldo?):

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.7/src
make nldnplt.k
ln nldnplt.k ~/bin

I just did the above on waldo and it seems to work correctly (I did a plot;
saved the display to a GIF (tm) file; FTPed the GIF back to Unidata; and
then used XV to display the GIF).

Tom