20010510: what ARE you doing?

>From:  Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Clint,

>Are you playing with our mcidas setup?

I was updating it, yes.

>I have a TA who's trying to do something and he can't get McIDAS
>to start.

Sorry.  I upgraded papagayo to the latest addendum for McIDAS-X, -XCD
and the link between ~mcidas/mcidas7.7/src/mcimage and
~mcidas/bin/mcimage broke.  The link is restored, so he should be good
to go now.

>I noticed that the exec's are all dated today and that
>you're logged on from home.

Yup.  I should be painting (selling the Longmont place), but I am on
papagayo trying to figure out a problem with /usr/xpg4/bin/tr.  I first
noticed this problem upon trying to build the addendum, and the problem
is what killed mcimage.  For some reason, /usr/xpg4/bin/tr will not
translate things like 'abcd' to 'ABCD'.  /usr/bin/tr, on the other
hand, will.  A comparison of 'sum' on papagayo and motherlode show the
exact same thing, so I really don't know what is going on.

Sorry for interrupting your TA's activities.  I should have done the
upgrade last night before going to bed.