20010402: RedHat 7.0 ADDE xinetd.d

>From: "Happel, Shelly" <address@hidden>
>Linux

Shelly,

>Arlene and I are working on installing the ADDE server.
>We are encountering a problem with the installation,
>and we have looked on the on-line help for assistance.
>
>We located a reference to a similar problem that others
>have experienced:

>However, we were unable to find a solution located on
>the archives. Can you help? Thanks in advance,

I am assuming that the problem is related to the move from inetd and
/etc/inetd.conf in RedHat Linux versions previous to 7.0 to xinetd and
/etc/xinetd.d in 7.0.  If this is the case, then you should refer to the
online Notes and Warnings document in the Unidata McIDAS-X web pages:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/mcx/warnings_mcx.html

Click on the link:

RedHat 7.x xinetd Configuration

Please let me know if this is not the problem you ran into.

Tom