20010324: McIDAS-X, my friday problem for this week (cont.)

>From: alan anderson <address@hidden>

Alan,

>A further comment on the RAOB sites;  these stations listed by city only
>do have ID numbers, it is just that they are not listed in the table along
>with the city names.  i.e.  Chanhassen MN is  72649 (I think), but the 72649
>is not listed.  Likewise,  White Lake, MI  has a no. 72635? but it is not
>listed.

Sorry, I fat fingered that response.

All RAOB stations have ID numbers.  Some also have 4-character IDs.
The objective I was trying to set in the response was allowing
selections in the Fkey menu to be done by both IDN and ID and to change
the label in MCGUI widgets to show the station IDN and ID.

I have finished the upgrade to the Fkey menu stuff and am now working
on the MCGUI mods.  What I have come up with is a button label that
looks like:

          +----------------------+
          |      72469 KDNR      |
          +----------------------+

For a station that does not have an ID, this will look like:

          +----------------------+
          |      72582 ----      |
          +----------------------+

The only problem with this is a lack of a complete listing of the other
information for the station.  What I am playing with now is a bubble
help box that contains the full station information.

This looks like:

          +----------------------+
          |      72469 KDNR      |
          +----------------------+
          |72469 KDNR Denver / Stapleton I  CO US   39:47:00  104:52:00 1626 |

The bubble help pops up when you move the cursor over the button and leave
it there for about two seconds.  It will stay visible until one clicks on
the button; moves the cursor off of the button; or 4 seconds, which ever
happens first.  To get the feel for this, move the mouse cursor over one
of the buttons at the top of the MCGUI.

What do you think about this approach?

>Thanks

Sorry for the misstatement in my previous email.

Tom