20010214: request for access to RedHat 5.2 Linux for testing (cont.)

>From: Robert Ballentine <address@hidden>

Bob,

>   I had to reboot met-05.oswego.edu twice this afternoon in an attempt
>to add two new machines to our network (via nfs).  I hope this did not
>cause you an inconvenience during your testing of ADDE on RH5.2.

No, not at all.

>   I may have to reboot again late tonight.

No problem.

I was going to write to let you know that access to met-05 has been
_very_ helpful in troubleshooting the ADDE problem I have been
struggling with.  I found that what is not working correctly under
RedHat 6.2 and 7.0 runs perfectly under 5.2.  In order to make the test
as similiar on all machines, I went ahead and installed the latest
version of McIDAS-X on met-05. I hope you don't mind.  I will remove
7.6 when the testing is done.

As an aside, do you have any interest in turning on decoding of the IDD
datastream products into McIDAS usable files?  If so, I could set this
up for you (a 10 minute job) and turn it on.  Please let me know.

I will bounce back to you when all of the tests are complete with a
more thorough report.

Once again, thanks for letting me use your machine for testing!

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Feb 15 19:58:36 2001

Tom:
Yes, I would like to have McIDAS usable files from the IDD.  If you
have time, please go ahead and install this capability.
Thanks,
Bob