20010214: McIDAS composite radar from NEXRAD LEVEL III products (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>thanks tom,

You are welcome.

>actually we have no problem running the UAPLOT and other similar commands
>ie,
>
>DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC blah.blah.blah
>UAPLOT KDNR 12
>
>works just fine.

OK, matches my observation that the remote server hosted on our DEC alpha
works fine for sounding data as well.  This is really looking like a
Linux (or glibc 2.x) problem.

>My admin person is back and will begin to trouble shoot the graphics problem
>with our alphas.  Again i think it may have to do with the graphcis card
>(ELSA GLORIA)..did i send you specs on it.

Yes, you did send me the specs previously.

>Can you ascertain which graphics card you are using on your new alpha.

As soon as it gets setup, I will do this.

>We will work with Rick on the radar...thanks for the info.

Again, if you get new/updated code from Rick and/or you and Rick update
the script, I would love to see it.

Tom