20010107: SSEC 7.704 addendum DMNEXR failure

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>As of right now, the SSEC addenda won't file
>any NOAAPORT NEXRAD data.  It just issues an error NOT EXOENT (error=21).

Hmm...  This error says that the thing that is attempting to be written
to is a directory.  The error indicators come from the /usr/include/sys/errno.h
file:

Here are the first 48 of these error codes as extracted from the errno.h
file on our Solaris SPARC 2.6 machine:

/*
 * Error codes
 */

#define EPERM   1       /* Not super-user                       */
#define ENOENT  2       /* No such file or directory            */
#define ESRCH   3       /* No such process                      */
#define EINTR   4       /* interrupted system call              */
#define EIO     5       /* I/O error                            */
#define ENXIO   6       /* No such device or address            */
#define E2BIG   7       /* Arg list too long                    */
#define ENOEXEC 8       /* Exec format error                    */
#define EBADF   9       /* Bad file number                      */
#define ECHILD  10      /* No children                          */
#define EAGAIN  11      /* Resource temporarily unavailable     */
#define ENOMEM  12      /* Not enough core                      */
#define EACCES  13      /* Permission denied                    */
#define EFAULT  14      /* Bad address                          */
#define ENOTBLK 15      /* Block device required                */
#define EBUSY   16      /* Mount device busy                    */
#define EEXIST  17      /* File exists                          */
#define EXDEV   18      /* Cross-device link                    */
#define ENODEV  19      /* No such device                       */
#define ENOTDIR 20      /* Not a directory                      */
#define EISDIR  21      /* Is a directory                       */
#define EINVAL  22      /* Invalid argument                     */
#define ENFILE  23      /* File table overflow                  */
#define EMFILE  24      /* Too many open files                  */
#define ENOTTY  25      /* Inappropriate ioctl for device       */
#define ETXTBSY 26      /* Text file busy                       */
#define EFBIG   27      /* File too large                       */
#define ENOSPC  28      /* No space left on device              */
#define ESPIPE  29      /* Illegal seek                         */
#define EROFS   30      /* Read only file system                */
#define EMLINK  31      /* Too many links                       */
#define EPIPE   32      /* Broken pipe                          */
#define EDOM    33      /* Math arg out of domain of func       */
#define ERANGE  34      /* Math result not representable        */
#define ENOMSG  35      /* No message of desired type           */
#define EIDRM   36      /* Identifier removed                   */
#define ECHRNG  37      /* Channel number out of range          */
#define EL2NSYNC 38     /* Level 2 not synchronized             */
#define EL3HLT  39      /* Level 3 halted                       */
#define EL3RST  40      /* Level 3 reset                        */
#define ELNRNG  41      /* Link number out of range             */
#define EUNATCH 42      /* Protocol driver not attached         */
#define ENOCSI  43      /* No CSI structure available           */
#define EL2HLT  44      /* Level 2 halted                       */
#define EDEADLK 45      /* Deadlock condition.                  */
#define ENOLCK  46      /* No record locks available.           */
#define ECANCELED 47    /* Operation canceled                   */
#define ENOTSUP 48      /* Operation not supported              */

You can see that an error 21 is labeled as "Is a directory".

I guess that the next question for you is what pattern are you using to
file your products?

>I need to get the update installed on my new NSBF machine.  I will save
>psnldm and wxmcidas for John Hobbie.

OK, sounds good.

Tom