20001221: broken web page links for McIDAS-X Users Guide

>From: David Ovens <address@hidden>

David,

>I am trying to find the McIdas User's Guide (for either 7.6 or 7.7)
>but if I click on "McIDAS User's Guide" from
>
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/mcidasx_info.html#documentation
>
>it keeps giving me "Not Found".
>
>However, if I click on the "DOCS" item in the top frame of
>
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/
>
>I can get to the User's Guide.

Thanks for letting me know about this broken link.  I have just fixed it
and two others (Learning Guide, and Workshop) on the same page.

>Anyhow, now that I found the documentation, I still see the MAKEAREA
>has not made it into the Index, but it is documented just after "MA"
>which is also not in the index (?).  Am I missing something here, or
>is the index incomplete?

You are correct, the index has not been updated to include the McIDAS
routines added by Unidata to the distribution.  I will look into correcting
this oversight.

For reference, you can find online documentation for MAKEAREA and other
Unidata-added routines from the Chapter 3 Commands pages:

Commands by Categories
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/users_guide/McHTML-79.HTML#32232

Commands by Alphabetical Order
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/users_guide/McHTML-79.HTML#26670