20001206: Placing McIDAS-X Documentation of Our Web Page

>From: "Charles H. Murphy" <address@hidden>

Charlie,

>       The McIDAS-X documentation is in html format and I
>have normally just pointed my browser to the local directory
>and files on my machine.  I now have a need to allow several
>seminar students to have access to the documentation and
>I was wondering if placing a link to the documentation on
>our Web page (which would be publicly accessible) is OK and
>consistent with the Unidata-SSEC arrangement for the distribution
>and re-distribution of the McIDAS package??

Yes, this is OK.  I am curious, however.  Are you downloading the HTML
pages that I make available in the unix/770/docs subdirectories or will
you be putting a link that points to the documentation that I maintain
here at the UPC?  The latter is the best option since the documentation
here contains information about all of the changes I make to Unidata
McIDAS; the HTML stuff in the unix/770/docs subdirectories does not.

>Thanks,

Later...

Tom