20001004: GRDIMAGE continued

>From: Bill Fingerhut <address@hidden>

Bill,

>I've just caught up on the discussion, and it appears that
>everyone is correct. The errors are on the workstation;

OK, so this means that the problem is probably that the workstation
version of GRDIMAGE needs to be updated.  Correct?  Sorry if I seem
obtuse, but I am answering this email during a break in a meeting
at the NSF offices in Washington, D.C.

I seem to remember that the server version is up to addendum level, and
the workstation version was not.  This does not, however, agree with
the contention that the Route PostProcess BATCH invocation is
incorrect.

>they have only been tested on my account on the workstation;
>and we are comparing different machines with different
>OS's and different versions of McIDAS.

The different OSes should not be a problem (unless the problem is something
really weird), but the different versions of McIDAS could well be.

>I did overlay contours from the grid on the image, and
>they were different. Values in the grid are correct, while
>the image was wrong.

Did you look at the examples I put out in my web page?  You can see
from those that the version of GRDIMAGE I am using does produce the
correct display and it does match up with contours of the gridded
parameter.

>We could try another user on the workstation and see
>what happens? And Tom could check out my environment?

If the version of GRDIMAGE is wrong, then the user running it will not
matter.  If your account somehow has a much older McIDAS installation's
bin directory in its PATH before the current release, then a test from
a different account would probably show different results.

Tom