20000809: GINI to netCDF (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>

Dave,

Sorry I couldn't get to this earlier, but today has been real busy.

>We have been tasked to add water vapor as an image type.  What do I
>need to change to include that type to the Mcidas "converter".

Basically, all you need to be able to access the GINI water vapor images
through my ADDE server.
This should be nothing more than entering a dataset definition in
RESOLV.SRV and making sure that you have the proper configuration
information in GINI.CFG.

To add the entry in RESOLV.SRV, you use the McIDAS DSSERVE command:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd workdata
dsserve.k ADD RTGINI/GW8KWV GINI 1 9999 TYPE=IMAGE INFO=GINI.CFG \"GINI 8 km WV
West CONUS,

The entry that needs to be added to ~mcidas/workdata/GINI.CFG is:

GW8KWV_DIR=/home/mcidas/gini/WEST-CONUS/8km/WV

assuming, of course that this is where the WV images will be found.

>By the way, I have resolved the issue with the image and everything is
>flowing smoothly with the visual and IR images.

What was the problem/solution?

Tom