20000801: creating topographic composites automatically with McIDAS-X (cont.)

>From: Mark Maciver <address@hidden>

Mark,

>Thank you for the information. I am not planning on running it on the
>ldm so basically the NORTMAPR 9017 %2 9989 N3 NONE 0 9017 MAPAREA=9970 DEV=NNN
>command will work.

Rats.  I could have saved a lot of typing :-)  The detailed instructions
are useful, however, since they can be retrieved from our inquiry tracking
system by end users.

>One last question, once I get the composite image how are the values of
>the topography adjusted to represent a solid water surface and terrain. I have
>tried the SU but I am uncertain where the cut off is for the various
>parameters
There are stretch tables in the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution that can be
used for putting data BARs on top of the composites:  IRTOPO.ST and TOPOIR.ST
(VISTOPO.ST and TOPOVIS.ST for VIS images).  The colorization is provided
by the enhancement table TOPOSAT.ET.  You can get the break points used in
the composite creation by listing out the stretch tables or give it a whirl
by displaying an image and running the BAR command specifying the SU=
keyword.

- Thank again for your help - Mark MacIver

You are welcome.

Tom