20000524: missing model data

>From:  weather <address@hidden>
>gbtbpds001.av1 RTMODELS.CFG

Robert,

>I haven't received a full model run of any model in over week.
>It doesn't matter which of my feeds I use, and the network connection
>between me and my feeds has been okay and most everything that's
>not HDS comes in with just a small latency.  I am spltting my HDS
>feed out in ldmd.conf.
>
>Has anyone else been losing a lot of model data lately?

As others noted, your problems could be caused by several things.  One thing
that was not mentioned, however was the change in PDS octet 6 values for
MRF and AVN grids.  The following exerpt of an update I received from SSEC
summarizes this change:

  On 16 May 2000, the National Weather Service implemented the
  three changes listed below.

     * the generating model ID number for the MRF T170L42 will be changed
       from 78 to 94
     * the generating model ID number for the AVN will be changed from 77
       to the generic value 96 for forecast hours 0 through 120
     * forecast hours 78 to 120 in 6 hour time steps for the AVN model
       will be added to the AWIPS/NOAAPORT data stream

  Although the change to model numbers 94 and 96 should not prevent
  the AVN and MRF grids from being successfully decoded and filed, the
  grids will have an "x" in the grid header label instead of the proper
  3-character label, "AVN" or "MRF". If you decode the AVN model, the
  amount of disk space required to store this data will be higher due
  to the additional forecast hours.

I created an Addendum for McIDAS-X, -XCD on May 18 that has updated GRID
tables that address the MRF/AVN changes.

I did not have a chance to update the README file in the unix/760/bugfix
directory until this morning since I was on travel until last night.
You should follow the steps outlined in REAMDE (please let me know if
anything doesn't make sense) and stop and restart your McIDAS-XCD
GRID decoder, dmgrid.k.  This should get your MRF and AVN grid decoding
back on track.

Sorry for the delay...