20000503: Unidata GINI ADDE server code (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>

Dave,

>OK, I have everything set were it needs to be, but the location of the data is
>different than what I had you set up.  Where do I change to the new location?

The directories that contains GINI data are specified in the GINI
ADDE configuration file.  Again, I put this in the ~mcidas/workdata
directory.  If the user is changed to pdinrs, while the directory structure
is maintained, then the file would be in ~pdinrs/workdata.

>The path for the visible is:
>/nrs_data1/goeswest/n_hemisphere/visible

OK.  So, all of the GOES-West, 1 km VIS images are to be put in
/nrs_data1/goeswest/n_hemisphere/visible?  If so, then the relevant
entries in GINI.CFG would look like:

DIRMASK=/nrs_data1/*/*/*
FILEMASK=whatever
IPMASK=*

GW1KVIS_DIR=/nrs_data1/goeswest/n_hemisphere/visible

And so on.  Recall, that the <group>_DIR format in the configuration file
uses the group portion of the ADDE dataset name (e.g., GW1KVIS is the
group in the RTGINI/GW1KVIS dataset).  Also recall, that the <group>_DIR
format takes precedence over the DIRMASK= specification.

Following the example location for the GOES-West VIS imagery, I will
assume that you will be putting the 10.7 um (thermal IR) imagery from
GOES-West in the /nrs_data1/goeswest/n_hemisphere/infrared directory.
The GINI.CFG entries would then look like:

DIRMASK=/nrs_data1/*/*/*
FILEMASK=whatever
IPMASK=*

GW1KVIS_DIR=/nrs_data1/goeswest/n_hemisphere/visible
GW4KIR_DIR=/nrs_data1/goeswest/n_hemisphere/infrared

etc.

Please tell me if this doesn't make sense.

Tom