20000404: GRDDISP valid date/time display (cont.)

>From: Bill Fingerhut <address@hidden>

Bill,

re: What do you get if you point at our machine:

>I get the wrong answer.
>VALID 03 APR/06Z

I think I know what is going on.  I am betting that the problem is somehow
related to the system clock on your machine.  In order to convert
the date into the 'TDAY=CAL' format, McIDAS has to grab the current
date from the system clock (this is done in the routine mcydd2ch.for).
If your system clock is off, then the baseline for calculating the
CAL date will also be off.

Please send me the output from 'date' command on the machine which you
are running the McIDAS GRDDISP command on:

date

Also, please send the output of:

env

Both of these should be run from the account in which you are having
problems.

Tom