20000329: Unidata GINI ADDE server code (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>
>RedHat Debian

Dave,

>Actually all I need is the smallest amount of code that can translate GINI
>into netCDF and be able to subsect.

Yes, I understand.  The fact is that giving you this subset of code as
precompiled binaries is relatively easy.  Figuring out the small set of
source code that would be needed to build the binaries is something
that is a LOT harder and is something that I would rather not have to do.

In order for me to figure out exactly which binaries I need to give you
I will need access to the machine that would run the code.  This access
would be best done as a user named 'mcidas'.  If you eventually want
the remote McIDAS ADDE server to work, the setup will require that
either I or someone else logon as 'root' to set it up.

In order to produce the binaries you need, I need to build them on the
platform on which they will run.  Since we use RedHat 6.1 Linux here,
we may not be able to simply produce the binaries and have them run
on your (I am guessing) Debian system.  The issue here is the newer
version of libc that comes with RedHat 6.x.  Again, I don't know enough
about your target system to know if things can/will work.

Tom