20000315: McIDAS GINI-to-netCDF conversion (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>

Dave,

>Now that leads me to another issue, I thought the GINI image was in AREA
>format.  I assume that is not true?

Right. GINI is a format different from McIDAS AREA.

>Is there anything out there that translates GINI into
>something else that you know of?

No, sorry.

>From address@hidden  Thu Mar 16 08:39:38 2000

>Oh well, I was hoping that GEMPAK would have an export feature.  Actually the
>conversion is needed for the old display (Zebra) until VisAD is ready.

OK, now I understand.

>Don't suppose you know someone over at the NWS who might be able to point me
>at something to read GINI files?

Not really.  You might try contacting Joan Brundage of FSL:

Joan Brundage <address@hidden>

She may be able to forward you on to someone over there that has written
a GINI to netCDF converter.  If you contact Joan, please explain your
situation fully; she does not know that I am sending you to her.

Tom