20000308: turning on XCD decoding of GRID files

>Fromm: "Ka Kit Lai" <address@hidden>

Ka,

>There is a question from Prof. Hindman. How do we turn on the data that
>will enable the "Model Output" section on the F-key menu to work?

You need to enable GRID decoding in McIDAS-XCD.  You do this by the
following:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd workdata
decinfo.k SET DMGRID ACTIVE
<verify that DMGRID starts running>
ps -eaf | grep DMGRID>

(this make take a little while, so be patient)

This should do it since the necessary entry is already in ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf
and your machine is getting model data via the IDD.

>Thank you.

You are welcome.