20000307: McIDAS GINI-to-netCDF conversion (cont.)

>From: David Harper <address@hidden>

Dave,

>Scott wants me to check into your solution a little more.  Can it output a
>subsected image?

Yes.  The subsecting is done on the input side by the McIDAS IMGCOPY command.
Basically, McIDAS can request the data:

o centered on a LAT,LON point
o centered on a station (e.g., KDEN, KLAR, KBOS, etc.)
o with a specified LIN,ELE pair from the original image
o blown up/blown down (blow ups are pixel replicated; blown down are
  pixel sampled)
o any of the locations above with the specification of how large the
  output is to be (the default is the size of the current McIDAS frame
  which may be something like 480x640, 600x800, etc.)

>We are pulling in GOES East and West from the NOAAport, but  we
>only want a small section of that image that correlates with the site.

This is not a problem.  McIDAS is quite flexible on how image data is
requested and displayed.

Tom