20000306: McIDAS-OS/2 at CCNY

>From: "Ka Kit Lai" <address@hidden>

Ka,

>   This is Ka Kit from CCNY weather station. Since we already have the
>Mcidas and Gempak installed on Halo, we would like to turn off the Mcidas
>data feed to our OS/2 machine called Cumulus.

OK.  Do you want to keep running McIDAS on the OS/2 machine?  Please remember
that we are no longer issuing new versions of or updates for McIDAS-OS2.

>But no one here knows how to
>deal with OS/2, so we need your help. If possible, can you schedule me an
>appointment so I can talk to you on the phone. Thank you very much.

I would much rather handle this by email.  This way the knowledge gained
is accessible to all other sites in the same situation through our
online tracking system access.