20000229: Error with Make All on Mcidas 7.6 at Colgate (cont.)

>From: Adam Burnett <address@hidden>

Adam,

>Changing c89 to cc did the trick.

As far as building Tcl/Tk, but...

>Just when I thought I was out of the woods I encountered this error:
>
>./mccomp -s -vendor -o dmgrid.k main.o dmgrid.o -L. -lxcd -lmcidas
>f77 -s -o dmgrid.k main.o dmgrid.o -L. -R/usr/dt/lib -L/usr/dt/lib
>-R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/opt/SUNWspro/lib
>-L/opt/SUNWspro/lib -lxcd -lmcidas -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -lm
>Undefined                      first referenced
> symbol                            in file
>M0ASSERT                            ./libxcd.a(M0getsplbyt.o)
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to dmgrid.k
>link   dmgrid.k:               FAILED

I caught this and made a bugfix Addenda on February 17.  I just noticed
that you grabbed 7.60 on the 16th, so your distribution is lacking the
bugfix updates.  I suggest that you do the following to get going:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.6/update
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user>
  <pass>
  cd unix/760/bugfix
  bin
  get mcupdate.tar.Z
  quit
./mcunpack

cd ../src
make all

The above sequence will apply all bugfix addendas for -X and -XCD bringing
your distribution uptodate.

>My compiler packages are not installed under the standard /opt
>configuration.

No problem.

>Because of disk space issues, I have the SUNWspro under the
>/data1/programs folder.  This has not been a problem as I've made
>adjustments in my environment files.  However, it looks like I'm still
>getting a reference to the /opt in this error.  I suspect this is my
>problem.

The problem you are seeing is in M0getsplbyt.c.  The modification made
to it was the addition of '#include "mcidasp.h"' as follows:

#include "mcidas.h"
#include "mcidasp.h"                        /* <<<<< UPC add 20000217 >>>>> */
#include "xcd.h"

>Where would I go to change this?

If you do not want to grab and install the Addenda that were added on
the 17th, you could just edit M0getsplbyt.c and add the include listed
above.  At this point, all you would need to do is:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.6/src
<edit M0getsplbyt.c>
make xcd