20000207: improper schema being used for FOUS14 data

>From: Bill Fingerhut <address@hidden>

Bill,

>Below is the McIDAS-X 7.6 response to 2 PTLIST commands.
>Apparently, the units of DAY '[SYD]' must be used to list data.
>We have never had to use DAY units before; and I wonder if it
>is the right way to go. Please comment.

Your listing shows that there you are using an older version of the
FO14 schema in decoding the FOUS14 data.  The correct unit for dates
in the CCYYDDD format is CYD.  SYD was the unit for dates in the ssYYDDD
format.

You should have Mark make sure that the copy of SCHEMA that came with
Unidata McIDAS-X 7.60 is the one being used by the XCD decoders.
The most typical setup for this would be for the SCHEMA file to be
located in the directory in which the XCD decoders produces its output
files.

After the correct FO14 schema is put in the output data directory, it
will take until a new file is created before you see the listing
change from having SYD units for day parameters to CYD.

>PTLIST RTPTSRC/FOUS14 NUM=1 FORM=DATA SEL='ID BTV;TIME 12;DAY 2000038'
>PTLIST: No data found matching search conditions
>PTLIST: Done
>PTLIST RTPTSRC/FOUS14 NUM=1 FORM=DATA SEL='ID BTV;TIME 12;DAY[SYD]
>2000038'
>Row :     20  Col :    527
>DAY         =   2000038 SYD         | TIME        =    120000 HMS |
>VDAY        =   2000038 SYD         | VTIM        = _missing_     |
>NREC        =       581             | ID          =       BTV
>Number of matches found = 1
>PTLIST: Done

Tom