20000121: XCDSCOUR

>From: "E. A. R." <address@hidden>

Earle-

>Do you have any idea why my XCDSCOUR stopped scouring with the arrival of
>the new millenium?

XCDSCOUR should still be running okay.  However, if the problem is that
your .XCD files are not being scoured by XCDSCOUR, then yes, there is
a problem.  The program DELWXT had a Y2K bug in it, which I fixed
the other day.  If this is what you are seeing (ie: your disk is filling
up), then pick up the new copy of delwxt.exe via FTP:

c:
cd \mcidas\user\code
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
(login as umcidas)
cd os2/750/bugfix
bin
get delwxt.exe

From the McIDAS command line, then run:

XCDSCOUR

Just as an aside, we no longer have an OS/2 system running at the UPC,
so we cannot track down any McIDAS-OS2 related problems anymore.  My
OS/2 system was converted to Windows NT this week.

Don Murray