20000119: Mcidas Area files - Awips GINI or NetCDF conversion (cont.)

>From: Erick Tabisola <address@hidden>

Erick,

>Thanks You Tom,
>
>We have 7.6.
>Where can I find the routines ncdfadir.c and ncdfaput.c ??

In the ~mcidas/mcidas7.6/src directory.  At least, this is where it will
be after unpacking the McIDAS distribution.

>is there a installation procedure we need to perform??

If McIDAS is installed, then the server routines can be found with the
rest of the McIDAS executables.  This is typically the ~mcidas/bin
directory.  As to the steps that you would have to go through to setup
the netCDF dataset(s), I can't answer right off.  That is why I
suggested that you look through the C routines I listed previously.

By the way, who do you work for?  Your email address is not one recognized
by me.  If your site is licensed for McIDAS from SSEC, and if you are a
MUG (McIDAS Users Group) member in good standing, then you can get additional
help on setting up the netCDF ADDE servers by writing:

address@hidden

Tom

>From address@hidden  Fri Jan 21 10:03:39 2000

I work for NOAA out of  Honolulu.  We are in the process of Joining the
M.U.G.  I am writing you from my Linux Box in the Office the email is
my ISP .

My work email is address@hidden

I did find the ncdfaput and ncdadir files in the src, it does not
however have the .c extension but the .cp

I assume these are the correct files which will be changed to the .c
extension after I do the Install of the netcdf option.

I have the instructions which I need to get started.

Thank you for your help.

Erick Tabisola