20000111: problem I have when downloading Unidata McIDAS-X 7.60

>From: Ziyou Xiong <address@hidden>

Ziyou,

>I ftp to ftp.unidata.ucar.edu with anonymous ID and my email address.
>Somehow I can't have the unix/760 directory mentioned on your site
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/index.html
>
>Could you help me out?

The Unidata McIDAS-X access is password protected as one has to be
licensed to get the software.  In addition, typically one person from a
site is given the user name and password for protected software.  Our
files show that the main contact at the Department of Meteorology at UW
is Michael Morgan; the technical contact is Pete Pokrandt
(address@hidden).  You should talk to Michael or Pete and
ask them to get the FTP user name and password for McIDAS unless you
should be the new contact.  As soon as we can determine who should be
getting the access information, we will send it.

>Sincerely,

I am sure that if you check with Michael/Pete we can get you the access
infomation today.

>Ziyou

Tom Yoksas