19991210: CIRCLE in Unidata McIDAS 7.6

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>Is there a bug in the CIRCLE command in McIDAS 7.6?

Not that I was aware of.

>I've been using the same command as in McIDAS 7.4, but when it
>displays a circle, it prints some useless text at the top, such
>as "100 KM NMI". Has anyone else experienced this, and have you
>found a way to remove the text?

Can you give me your CIRCLE command line.  I just tried a simple invocation
(CIRCLE STA=KDFW RAD=50 100 150 200 250) in an overlay of a NIDS radar
display and got no extaneous text at the top of my display.  The text
you are seeing does seem to indicate a bug, but I need a reproducable
example if I am going to troubleshoot it.

By the way, since CIRCLE is not part of standard McIDAS (I add it to
our distribution even though the author is at SSEC), it would be best
if you did not send this type of message to the SSEC McIDAS Users Group
(MUG) email list (address@hidden).