19991210: DDXCD files over 1.2 GB!

Tom,

I had my disk fill up tonight because 4 GB of disk are being taken up by
some .XCD files over 1 GB in size in /home data/mcidas. Any way I can
shrink them on my system?

>From address@hidden  Fri Dec 10 11:49:12 1999

Never mind. When I sucked in the raw NIDS scrambled feed to test to see if
my connection could handle it (it can), it dumped all of that into the
McIDAS data pile. Naturally, it filled up my disk FAST. I've filtered that
out, along with HRS and other stuff I do not use (though I keep all the
AREA files and surface/upper air data).

Have a great weekend!