19991207: adde server source code access (cont.)

>From: Louis Nguyen <address@hidden>

Louis,

>Thank you for the code.

You are welcome.  I hope that it is of some use.

>I would be happy to give you any server code we develop
>here.

Excellent.  I will share it with the Unidata community if it pertains
to data sets that they have access to.

>We do mostly image data conversion from difference source.   It may be
>some time before I get a change to work on it.

I understand.  I am continuously behind schedule as well.

I am curious about what kinds of image data you currently have converters
for.  Can you give tell me an idea of the different image types for
which you have developed converters to McIDAS AREA format?  In particular,
I am interested in:

o GINI          I have an ADDE server that is almost finished, but you never
                know
o DMSP          these data are going to be available with only a 3 hour delay
                from NGDC here in Boulder very soon)
o TeraScan (tm) NCAR/UCAR has two TeraScan receivers in place, so we have
                full coverage of GOES-East/West; the deal that I have struck
                with UCAR/JOSS is that my sites will be able to access all of
                the data via McIDAS ADDE _as soon as I write the ADDE server_
o level1B       sites can get lots of this data from various web sites
o other imagery the list keeps growing

I am also interested in GRIB, GEMPAK, and point source conversion code that
could be moulded into ADDE servers.

>I will keep in touch.

Thanks.  Any information you can provide on the above would be greatly
appreciated.

Tom Yoksas