19991203: ADDE Sub-Server source code access

>From: address@hidden

Curtis,

>This is to inform you that in my attempt to access the file
>'nidsserv.tar.z', access was denied.  I would appreciate it if the file
>attributes are changed to allow access.  Thank you.

I just checked the file access permissions on nidsserve.tar.Z and
verified that they are set to allow anyone to FTP it.  In order to
test this, I logged onto a user's machine at the University of Virginia
in one of their accounts and FTPed the file there with no problems.

If the error you were getting was "permission denied" instead of access
denied, the problem is most likely one of write permission on your
side.

If the problem really is one of the access to our server being denied
(which would occur before you could even look at the files in
pub/mcidas), it could be that the machine you are coming in from is
being blocked on our end.  If this is the case, please try from a
different machine and let me  know the results.

My hunch is that you are seeing a "permission denied" message which
is caused by a write permission problem on your side.

Sorry for the problems.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Fri Dec  3 11:06:36 1999

You were right I was trying to place the data into a specific users name
after being logon as another user.  It was on my end where I was having the
problem, I was able to  transfer the file without a problem, Thank you.

Curtis