19991118: Client Routing Table (cont.)

>From: "Jennie L. Moody" <address@hidden>

Jennie,

In my previous message, I promised:

>If I had
>had (our could find) the login as 'mcidas', I would have changed this
>and verified whether or not the ADDE remote server would work or not.

I figured out the password for 'mcidas' and:

o logged in
o changed /home/mcidas/.mcenv's MCDATA to be:

  MCDATA=/home/mcidas/uvaworkdata

o pointed my McIDAS session for RTIMAGES to windfall:

  DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES windfall.evsc.virginia.edu

o checked to see if I could get information back (like I could not earlier
  today):

DSINFO IMAGE RTIMAGES
Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
ANTARCTIC       10    Antarctic IR Composite
EDFLOATER-I     10    Educational Floater
EDFLOATER-II    10    Educational Floater II
GE-IR           10    GOES-East North America IR
GE-IRTOPO       10    GOES-East IR/TOPO Composite
GE-VIS          10    GOES-East North America VIS
GE-VISTOPO      10    GOES-East VIS/TOPO Composite
GE-WV           10    GOES-East North America H2O
GEW-IR          10    GOES-East/West IR Composite
GEW-IRTOPO      10    GOES-East/West IR/TOPO Composite
GEW-VIS         10    GOES-East/West VIS Composite
GEW-VISTOPO     10    GOES-East/West VIS/TOPO Composite
GEW-WV          10    GOES-East/West H2O Composite
GW-IR           10    GOES-West Western US IR
GW-IRTOPO       10    GOES-West IR/TOPO Composite
GW-VIS          10    GOES-West Western US VIS
GW-VISTOPO      10    GOES-West VIS/TOPO Composite
GW-WV           10    GOES-West Western US H2O
MDR             10    Manually Digitized Radar
MDRTOPO         10    MDR/TOPO Composite
MOLL-IR         10    Mollweide Composite IR
MOLL-IRTOPO     10    Mollweide IR/TOPO Composite
MOLL-WV         10    Mollweide Composite H2O
RESFLOATER      10    Research Floater

DSINFO -- done

o so far, so good.  Next, I tried loading an image:

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GW-IR STA=KDEN MAG=2 EU=IMAGE
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 81140
IMGDISP: loaded frame  1
IMGDISP: done
EU: Restoring IMAGE.ET     to frame(s)=   1
EU: Done

So, it looks like the only mod I had to make was to MCDATA in ~mcidas/.mcenv.

Since I havn't read all of the interactions you had with Don, I don't know
yet whether or not I have fixed all that was needed or not.  Please let
me know tomorrow.

BTW, Australia was _fantastic_!!!!

Later...

Tom