19990924: AVN Grids and McIDAS

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I seem to be missing a lot of AVN grids lately on McIDAS
>(data outside North America) that is present under GEMPAK.

I have noticed this on our system as well.

>I made the recommended changes to add the RTGRIDS/AVN group
>when I installed 7.6, did I miss something else?

No.  I don't know what is causing this.

>I also just installed the latest bugfix.

I don't think that this has anything to do with the missing AVN
stuff.  The change I made to M0getsplbyt.c was nothing more than
a retype of elements of a structure from an 'off_t" to an 'Fint4'.
The length of both of these on Solaris (both SPARC and x86) is
4 bytes, so this should have had no effect on any decoding.  The
platform that the change was made for was DEC OSF/1 where an 'off_t'
is 8 bytes.

>If there is a problem with the decoders,

I have been assuming that there must be, but I havn't figure out what
it is yet.

>do you have an estimate when Wisconsin might have a fix?

No.

>We have a string of campaigns
>coming up in Sweden starting in October and if it might be a while
>I will need to rewrite the model portion of the web page to use
>GEMPAK.

I expedite an inquiry to SSEC about this one.

>Thanks,

Sorry for the problem.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Sat Sep 25 02:51:39 1999

I didn't mean to imply that I thought the latest bugfix was causing
the problem, only that my system was completely up to date..

Thanks,

Robert