19990923: McIDAS :RedHat 6.0: can't find netstat

>From: Michael Keables <address@hidden>

Mike,

>Just ran sh ./mcinet7.6.sh install mcadde and got the error "can't find
>netstat." As you may remember, I had a similar message during the build.

Actually, you ran into this during the mcinet7.6.sh step before.  There
is nothing in the build that needs/requires/uses netstat.

>Will this effect the installation, and if so, what should I do?

This does not affect the installation.  'netstat' is used by mcinet7.6.sh
to verify that the HUP to inetd caused it to reread its configuration
file, inetd.conf.  If you have any doubts about if this did happen,
then simply send a HUP signal to the process ID of inetd.conf as 'root'.

Tom