19990917: McIDAS setup on cyclone (cont.)

>From: Michael Keables <address@hidden>

Mike,

I just looked in on cyclone and found two mistakes I made yesterday:

o REDIRECTion pointing to topographic image files was incorrect
  (it was pointing to /home/mcidas/data instead of /export/home/mcidas/data)

o I had put in an unwanted space in the pqact.conf entry for GRID
  data processing:

  HRS    .*     PIPE
     ^  ^   ^
     |  |   |_______ tab
     |  |___________ unwanted space
     |______________ tab

The first mistake prevented the topographic image composites from being
generated by ROUTE PP BATCH invocations.  The second mistake prevented
model data from being processed by the XCD grid decoder.

Both of these mistakes were corrected and products are now being created
as they should.

You will notice that of the original 8.3 GB of disk that were originally
available on the new /data partition, 1 GB has already been used by
by ldm-mcidas and McIDAS-XCD decoders!  And, this does not include
the GRID files that will be created by XCD!!  Now you can see why I
was keen on switching the disk usage around on cyclone.

Tom