19990915: shipbuoy data & mcidasx

>From: alan anderson <address@hidden>

Alan,

>I have looked at the support archives and the learning guide, but
>we are stumped in getting to look at ship/buoy data on our mcidasx
>terminal(s).
>
>The proper data group is listed with dsinfo and dataloc commands,
>but when asking for the listing for a specific buoy
>
>sfclist  41010 24 dataset=rtptsrc/shipbuoy
>
>the command fails with message: error in select clause for parameter ID
>parameter specified is no in ....

I believe that SFCLIST doesn't work for ship/buoy reports.  You should
revert to use of the general routine, PTLIST:

PTLIST RTPTSRC/SHIPBUOY SELECT='IDA 4101; IDB 0' NUM=ALL PAR=DAY TIME IDA IDB
T[F] TD[F] DIR SPD

etc.

You can refine your search to the day(s) you are interested in by specifying
the DAY key in the SELECT= clause.  For instance, if I was interested in
all reports from that buoy for yesterday, DAY 1999258, I would specify:

PTLIST RTPTSRC/SHIPBUOY SELECT='IDA 4101; IDB 0; DAY 1999258' NUM=ALL PAR=DAY
TIME IDA IDB T[F] TD[F] DIR SPD

The list of parameters you can print out can be discovered by doing a
different kind of PTLIST:

PTLIST RTPTSRC/SHIPBUOY

Row :      1  Col :     49
DAY         =   1999259 CYD         | TIME        =         0 HMS         |
CMAX        =       737             | MOD         =         0             |
TYPE        =      SHIP             | IDA         =      4101             |
IDB         =         0             | HMS         =         0 HMS         |
LAT         =   28.9000 DEG         | LON         =   78.5000 DEG         |
CA          = _missing_             | T           =    298.76 K           |
TD          = _missing_             | STI         =    297.76 K           |
DIR         =       240 DEG         | SPD         =      16.0 MPS         |
PSL         =    1000.8 MB          | VIS         = _missing_             |
WXP         = _missing_             | SWP         = _missing_             |
SWH         = _missing_             | PSD         = _missing_             |
PSP         =      11.0 SEC         | PSH         =       6.2 M           |
PCP         = _missing_             | PTIM        = _missing_             |
SP10        = _missing_             | SP20        = _missing_             |
SPMX        = _missing_             | LVLW        = _missing_             |

All of the keys listed are listable (e.g. T, TD, STI, DIR, SPD, etc.).

>So, what are we missing?

Nothing really.  As far as I can tell, SFCLIST is setup for MD files with
surface data schemas only.

Tom