19990324: question about CGI scripts using sed and wxtlist

I am writing some CGI scripts using  uncgi and McIDAS bourne shell
scripts.  What I would like to do is to output MOS data from Alaska
from the FOAK header.  Fousrpt does not work for the FOAK header data
or, of course, the MRF MOS data for any station.

So Iam using wxtlist to output the data.  The problem is when I do a
MATCH='Station', I get all stations under that header(matching PAFA
gives two others as well).  I have tried the following:

wxtlist.k WMO=FOAK25-29 MATCH=$WWW_sta | /bin/sed -n '/$WWW_sta/,/OBVIS/p'

where $WWW_sta is input from the browser.  This does not produce
anything, taking the -n away gives all of the stations in the header,
of course.   Is there a way to twll wxtlist to output only PAFA for
example or am I using sed incorrectly with the first  input being a
variable.

I ran this from the command line substituting PAFA for the variable and
it works fine.

I know this is going more towards a UNIX question, but I would
appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks
Robert Mullenax

>From address@hidden  Wed Mar 24 15:11:44 1999
I have a follow up question to the previous question.  The only MOS
data that exists defined as a dataset is the FOUS14 data.  How would I
make other sets of text data for the Alaskan MOS, MRF MOS, etc..?

Thanks
Robert Mullenax