19990806: upgrading to McIDAS7.6

I decided to upgrade wxmcidas (x86 machine) to McIDAS 7.6
to take advantage of the new math function capabilities
of the PTCON-like commands.  I am doing it from Iowa over a
modem.

I am separating the model data into its various projections,
(ETA 211, 212, 215 under RTGRIDS/ETA, ETA2, ETA3..etc).
What file to I need to copy over from the old 7.5 files
(from ~mcidas/data or workdata) to preserve the old structure
in addition to the model .CFG files, the saved REDIRECTS (LOCAL4.NAM).
I should know the answer to this but I don't.

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax

From address@hidden  Fri Aug  6 13:27:49 1999

Never mind about my previous question about upgrading from McIDAS 7.5 to
7.6 and preserving defined ADDE groups.  I really don't like the way
I have it set up and am changing it.

One comment on the web page docs, if you follow it in order,
it recommends you delete your old mcinet<oldversion>.sh file
when deleting the old distribution.  When you get to the
next section on configuring the ADDE server you need this file
to uninstall the old ADDE server.

Thanks
Robert Mullenax

>From address@hidden  Sat Aug  7 08:51:08 1999

Yes, it is disappointing not to see the ability to compute dvg and vor,
such basic meteorological variables.  I would really be upset if I were
paying the MUG fees.  I know it is not a good idea to look a gift horse
in the mouth (free availability of McIDAS through Unidata), it is hard
to understand SSEC's reasoning for the above mentioned, also the lack
of support for decoding and plotting contouring of data above 100mb,
and the incomplete decoding of model data (the boundary layer winds in
the MRF, etc..) all things I know that Unidata has passed along to
them.  I am not a serious C, Fortran programmer but I cannot imagine it
is that much more work to add these things, again I would not be a
happy MUG customer.

Thankfully the users of Unidata McIDAS have strong allies at Unidata.

Thanks for the help,
Robert

NSBF Meteorology