19990723: McIDAS-XCD for os/2 (cont.)

>From: "Earle A. Ripley" <address@hidden>

Earle,

>Things are slowly getting back to what they were before July 1st.
>
>When I use MG KDEN DAY=yyyyddd
>
>i get a plot.
>
>When I use SFCMG KDEN
>
>i get the message:
>
>Point data server unable to resolve this dataset: RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY

You need to finish off the 7.5 installation in the ADDE area.
Do the following in your McIDAS session:

TE XCDDATA "D:\DATA
BATCH "DSSERVE.BAT
DATALOC

You should see that the datasets RTIMAGE, RTGRID, RTPTSRC, RTWXTEXT,
TOPO, and MYDATA are now defined (the BATCH "DSSERVE.BAT line).  DATALOC
should show you that these datasets are all defined to be LOCAL-DATA.
Once this is done, ADDE requests will be fulfillable, and the SFCMG
command should work.

Once you have gotten this to work, try other ADDE displays:

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GW-IR STA=CWDR MAG=2 REFRESH='EG;MAP H'

Once this works, try looking at data holdings on someone else's
McIDAS machine that is running a remote ADDE server:

DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES ADDE.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU
IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GW-IR STA=CWDR MAG=2 REFRESH='EG;MAP H'
DATALOC ADD LOCAL-DATA

This image will be loaded from our machine, not yours!

To learn more about ADDE, please work through the Unidata McIDAS Learning
Guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mclearn

Tom